For more videos, blogs and details on Buying or Selling a Home go to www.PremierHomesByAngela.com
Getting ready for the holidays? We put together the ultimate cleaning list.
Between the cooking, baking and cleaning, it can feel like there’s not much time to actually celebrate the holidays. And if you’ve ever found yourself furiously cleaning the oven three days before Thanksgiving instead of watching “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” or “It’s a Wonderful Life” before Christmas, well, we got solutions for you.
#1 The easiest and fastest one is to contact a professional, we recommend:
The Humble Cleaner - Cartier Pollard, (770) 882-7740
Pearls Cleaning Advisors - Pearl Cod, (470) 440-1172
Your Holiday Cleaning Schedule & Checklist
1 Month Before: Get Started
- Wipe down the door with a damp cloth.
- Launder (or deep-clean) the doormat.
- Tuck away any out-of-season items.
- Vacuum furniture.
- Treat any furniture or carpet stains.
- If you have a fireplace you plan to use, schedule a chimney sweep.
- Polish silver. (Here’s how to remove tarnish.)
- Launder any table linens you plan to use.
- Polish the dining room table.
- Ensure you have enough chairs for your guests. Borrow or rent any extras.
- Address any leaks, broken hardware or other issues.
- If you don’t use your guest bedroom often, make sure everything is in working order.
- Read up on our essential tips for hosting overnight guests.
- String any holiday lights.
1 Week Before: Freshen Up
- Sweep or mop floors. (If you have hardwood, try this hardwood floor cleaner).
- Shake out the doormat.
- Dust the space.
- Launder throw blankets.
- Wipe down the coffee table.
- Dust the space.
- Wash any serving dishes you plan to use.
- Press any table linens you plan to use.
- Clean appliances, like your stove, microwave and dishwasher.
- Dust the top of the fridge.
- Sweep or mop floors.
- Deodorize your fridge.
- Sweep or mop floors.
- Stock up on extra toiletries.
- Write down the Wi-Fi password for guests.
- Remove any personal belongings from the closet and dresser.
- Let your neighbors know that you’re expecting a lot of guests—especially if they plan to park in the street. If you have overnight guests, find out if you need overnight street-parking permits for their cars.
1 Day Before: Last-Minute Details
- Move coats out of the closet or off the coat rack to make room for guests’ belongings.
- Tuck away any clutter, like newspapers, books or remotes.
- If you have a pet, lint-roll any seating areas.
- Place fresh flowers or a centerpiece on the table as well as your favorite Thanksgiving table decorations or Christmas table decorations.
- Set the table.
- Wipe down the refrigerator.
- Clean the countertops.
- Take out the trash.
- Empty the dishwasher.
- Refresh the garbage disposal. (Feeling ambitious? You can polish your sink, too).
- Clear personal items (like appointment reminders) off of the fridge.
- Wipe mirror.
- Clean the tub, shower and toilet.
- Remove clutter and personal products from the vanity.
- Make the bed with fresh sheets.
- Lay out fresh towels. (We love this laundry trick for fluffy towels!)
- Put away any yard tools, like rakes or snow shovels.
30 Minutes Before: Final Touches
- Place a dry boot tray near the door to collect guests’ wet shoes.
- Tidy or tuck away any piles of mail.
- Arrange throw pillows and blankets.
- Quickly vacuum up any fallen pine needles from around the tree.
- Light any holiday candles.
- Make room in the fridge for any dishes guests bring to pass.
- Hang fresh dish towels.
- Set out fresh hand towels.
- Close the shower curtain.
- Wipe down the faucet and sink.
- Make sure you have enough soap set out. (These are our favorite hand soap brands.)
- Fluff pillows.
- If there’s snow or ice, make sure the walk/driveway is shoveled and salted.
- Turn on any holiday or house lights.
Planning on Buying/Selling?
We want your experience to be amazing, so let’s chat about some strategies that will make you successful in this process. If you’re looking to move, call me (678) 412-0373 or (844) 385-SOLD.
How much Value is in your home?
Search for homes -
#DreamHome Finder Is Here!!!
#angelasimmons #premierhomebyangela #grayson #snellville#loganville #lawrenceville #gwinnett #buyer #buyahome#homebuyer #homebuyers #newhomebuyers #pet #petlovers#foodie #gwinnettcounty #newconstruction#newconstructionhomes #newconstructionspecialist#newconstructionhome #newconstructionrealtor #ansleyre#ansleyworks